Troubled Students

Instructors are not responsible for counseling students on personal or emotional difficulties, even when those problems affect academic work. Undergraduate students who seem to be unusually upset or who are in need of special help should be referred to their Allston Burr Resident Dean or Resident Dean of First-Year Students. Instructors are encouraged to call the Allston Burr Resident Dean/Resident Dean of First-Year Students to discuss their concerns about a particular undergraduate. Concern about a graduate student should be referred to the Dean for Student Affairs (617-495-1814). TheĀ Counseling and Mental Health Service of the Harvard University Health Services (617-495-2042) and theĀ Academic Resource Center are also available to help troubled students, both undergraduate and graduate.