The my.harvard Student Information System
The my.harvard Student Information System offers tools to streamline the instructing process. Faculty instructors will see a list of the courses they are currently teaching on their homepage. Eight buttons are associated with each course:
- Class Roster displays a list of all enrolled students. Instructors may send emails, view photos, and more. A badge will indicate the current number of enrolled students.
- Course Site launches the Canvas course site.
- Sectioning allows the instructor to set up sectioning options for the course and manage the process of assigning students to discussion sections and labs.
- Grades provides access to the final grade roster. The instructor may use this tool manually to enter final grades or upload final grades from a spreadsheet.
- Petitions allows instructors to view and respond to a list of student permission requests for limited enrollment courses, override enforced prerequisites, and respond to cross registration requests. A badge indicates the number of pending requests.
- Final Assessment allows instructors to select final assessment type, used for planning seated final exams. To ensure the appropriate allocation of space for exams, it is imperative that faculty and staff submit their intentions regarding final exams as early as possible.
- Exam Roster displays a list of all enrolled students, to be used for marking attendance during the course’s 3-hour seated exam.
- Assessment Upload allows the instructor to upload a copy of the course's 3-hour exam, to be provided to the FAS Registrar's Office for courses with a seated exam scheduled by the Registrar.
For my.harvard how-to guides and knowledge articles, search the IT Help Portal: https://huit.harvard.edu/ithelp