The my.harvard Student Information System
The my.harvard Student Information System offers tools to streamline the instructing process. Faculty instructors will see a list of the courses they are currently teaching on their homepage. Five buttons are associated with each course:
- Class Roster displays a list of all enrolled students. Instructors may send emails, view photos, and more. A badge will indicate the current number of enrolled students.
- Course Site launches the Canvas course site.
- Sectioning allows the instructor to set up sectioning options for the course and manage the process of assigning students to discussion sections and labs.
- Grades provides access to the final grade roster. The instructor may use this tool manually to enter final grades or upload final grades from a spreadsheet.
- Petitions allows instructors to view and respond to a list of student permission requests for limited enrollment courses, override enforced prerequisites, and respond to cross registration requests. A badge indicates the number of pending requests.
- Final Assessment allows instructors to select final assessment type, used for planning seated final exams.
- Exam Roster displays a list of all enrolled students, to be used for marking attendance during the course’s 3-hr seated exam.
- Assessment Upload allows the instructor to upload a copy of the course's 3-hour exam, to be provided to the FAS Registrar's Office for courses with a seated exam scheduled by the Registrar.
For my.harvard how-to guides and knowledge articles, search the IT Help Portal: https://huit.harvard.edu/ithelp